The world's best genomic compressor
The best FASTQ, BAM, VCF compression.
Genozip provides the best compression of any commercial or open source compression software, for almost every case we tested.
Proven in large deployments
Genozip is being used in production environments with 100s of TB of FASTQ and BAM data.
Verifiable with MD5 or Adler32
Easily scales to 50 - 100 cores
Optionally, the data can be encrypted while being compressed, without affecting compression speed. Genozip uses AES-256 which is the US government standard and an ISO standard encryption algorithm.
--tar option to archive entire directories
- Supports 17 common genomic file formats + generic
- optional base quality score binning to improve compression.
Integration with pipelines
- Genozip is an easy to use command-line tool:
- genozip and genounzip for compressing and decompressing files
- genocat for viewing or subseting a compressed file